It’s getting HOT! These treats came just in time for the sudden weather change.
These are the perfect treats to serve up on a really hot day. The creamy cool banana pudding flavored ice cream coupled with coconut, then followed by a crispy cookie- chocolate-crunch = heavenly. A long time ago, I came across a coconut bon bon recipe from martha stewart. I made a mental note to try making something similar when the weather warms up, but our family just isn’t too big of a fan of coconuts. Hubby and the girls LOVE all things bananas and chocolate. Bananas and chocolate put together..the ben and jerry’s ice cream, monkey sandwiches with peanut butter and honey.. you name it, they like it. I decided to alter martha’s recipe, in hopes of enticing daughter’s taste buds with a fun name to match. The result? We ate the entire thing in ONE sitting!
You will need:
- 6 chocolate wafer cookies (your favorite cookie will do- make sure it is thin) I used waffle cone cookies.
- optional-shredded unsweetened coconut.
- Blue Bell Banana Pudding Ice cream
- your fave nuts I used almonds
- 26 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening