amazingly tender & sooo juicy each time
If you are trying to impress. Here’s a go to for you. Whether it is for company or your family, You will never believe how easy this recipe is. Most of you know my kind of recipe- easy peasy– ingredients needed already in fingertips reach (things you already have in your kitchen!) If you are familiar with cuts of meat eye of round is actually a tough piece of meat with not too much fat (healthy!) The amazing trick in this recipe makes this piece of meat unbelievably tender, moist, and savory. Hands down the best roast in the world. My recipe is adapted from and been tweeked from allrecipies. Please try this and thank me later.
Here is what your eye of round looks like. This is 2.5 lbs.
A lot of people like to buy bigger roasts like 5-7 lbs. Consider how many people you are trying to feed, and also try not to have left overs. Meat/ roasts/rib/ steaks never seem to taste the same to me when reheated in a microwave the next day. There are four people in our family and each of us getting 4-5 pieces of 1/2 inch thick slabs of roast was perfect.
get out a large plate and make a seasoning baste that will be the flavor for your roast.
2 tbs garlic salt
2 tbs ground pepper
1 tpn rosemary
1 tspn oregano
1 tsp parsley
1 tbs of italian seasoning
you can truly use whatever you want available on your spice rack- i love these flavors trust me they are perfect. You won’t need salt and pepper or anyting at all when eating because it is the outside that will provide all the flavor.
Mix the spices up well on the plate with your fingers, then roll the cut of meat around on it evenly so that each surface gets coated a good thick coat of seasoning.
Here is the trick!
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Put your seasoned roast with salt and pepper and place in a metal roasting pan or dish. Don’t use glass ones! Don’t try to cover or add water either.
- Place the roast in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). Roast for (seven minutes per pound) then turn off the oven and let the roast sit in the hot oven for 2 1/2 hours. If you have a 2 lb roast, you roast it for 14 mins- do you your math depending on how big your meat is. I roasted this 2.5 lb roast for 18 mins. Do not open the door at all during this time!
- Remove the roast from the oven, the internal temperature should have reached at least 145 degrees F (65 degrees C). Carve into thin slices to serve.
- The thinner your slices are- the better they are to eat!
5. If you are strapped for time, and do not have an extra 3 hours, after ur initial 475 searing time (you have calculated according to your lbs of meat), turn down your oven to 200 degrees! Then remove 40-45 minutes later.
I made rasberry balsamic vinegerette salad
Can you believe how easy?